Friday, May 3, 2013

Jalisco's Taqueria (Bastrop)

Ok, so I know we said we were going to Baxter’s next, and we fully intend to by Sunday…but today we went to Jalisco’s Taqueria for brunch and the food was so good how could I NOT talk about it??? My husband and I went together, and we ordered the same thing and actually it’s my FAVORITE thing on the menu! Chilaquiles!! Oh! My! Gosh!

Do you know what Chilaquiles are??

photo (35)Basically, they are tortilla chips soaked in enchilada sauce, baked, and then they sprinkle cheese on top. I remember watching Diners Drive Ins and Dives one night, and Guy was trying Chilaquiles…I was like “What???” Chips soaked in Enchilada sauce?? Sounds like MUNCHIE food to me, and umm…fattening?? Well…what can I say?? Yes…yes it is but it’s also delicious! We went to Jalisco’s Taqueria as soon as it opened and this was the very first thing I tried on their menu, it’s absolutely sinful! The chips are always tender but not soggy; the enchilada sauce is really tasty and just spicy enough. They sprinkle Queso Fresco on top. it comes with refried beans and potatoes, and you can get the perfect bite with one full swipe of your plate. MMM

photo (34)We also ordered a pork tamale each and those are just as delicious! The pork is perfectly seasoned, and their nice and piping hot when they come to the table. Their house made salsa bar is the perfect companion for ALL of their dishes! I don’t know what they do at Jalisco’s Taqueria to make their food so amazing, but I would say it’s my favorite Mexican “Restaurant” in town. I just can’t wait for their bigger restaurant to open, I have a feeling we’ll be spending a lot of time there!

4 comments:

  1. I am not sure where are you at Jalisco's.....is that the one the in mini shopping mall across from Beall's or the one next to the Jaliscos Meat Market?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! We're talking about the taqueria inside of the meat market. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopped by yesterday. Tamales where great and the meat market prices where really good. Was looking for whole wheat tortillas which I did not find though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This place is wonderful on several fronts. The food speaks for itself. The market is really fantastic. Best meat in Bastrop and prices are good. The veggie area is small, but what is there is very fresh and a good price. The store abounds with wonderful things food wise from Mexico. Give it a try folks!

    ReplyDelete