Thursday, January 29, 2015

Meet 'N Eat: Paw Paw's Catfish House



If you didn't make it out to the first Meet 'N Eat this last Tuesday, you CAN'T miss the next! Joleen Smith over at 365 things to do in Bastrop County organized an amazing event for neighbors to come together, enjoy some of the local faire, and just enjoy a beautiful day! We got to eat at Paw Paw's Catfish House on Main Street in Downtown Bastrop and of course I brought the birdie crew so that we could get some good grubbin' goin', on and give you the scoop! Here's what we had:



We ordered the Texican Burger (great kick but not too spicy!)


Shrimp baskets (nice batter!)



A chicken basket (for the littlest birdies, and no picture...they dove right in!!)

Everything came out in a timely manner, the burger was juicy (and like I said had a nice kick!), the shrimp were cooked well and plump, and everything was hot. We enjoyed the quality of the food (SO IMPORTANT, especially with fish!) and the clean and friendly atmosphere. We had AWESOME service (tell my girl Krystal HI!) and we really could not have asked for a better host for such an amazing event! 



We ended up spending some time with neighbors and really awesome business owners and members of the community! I see great things coming from this gathering, it would be a GREAT excuse for like minds to come together and DO SOME GOOD in Bastrop County.




18 comments:

  1. I like the blackened chicken. (Not really a fish person, but the rest of the family LOVES it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love their fried catfish and shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best shrimp in town...and don't even get me started on the fried pickles! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have a favorite.. ITS ALL GOOD!! Especially the fried deviled eggs! Yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't made it over there, but I would love to have a date there with my husband sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. U could live off their veggie burgers! ##!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can never go wrong with some fish and chips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great french fries and coleslaw....fun atmosphere and great service. I give it 5 stars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy.. Love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best fried fish and fried pickles ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Food looks delicious! I will have to stop by and try a few entrees!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've still never been here but I do love me some fish! I can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete